Monday, April 14, 2014

Love Story

As we embark on Easter Sunday, I am not feeling so "eastery".  Yes, I know that is not a word but just follow me.  Maybe it is this crazy Texas weather that jumps from hot to cold and from rain to sunshine in the matter of a few hours.  I love Spring time but my allergies have been jacked up for weeks and it seems there is no relief in sight.  My boys are older and aren't so much into the egg hunts anymore.  I have replaced Easter baskets with Academy bags and Nike drawstring bags.  I really need to just borrow some one's little girl for the weekend so that I can dress her up and buy all the cute Easter stuff out there.  Of course I would need to return her after Sunday.

I know that Easter is the best time of year.  Easter reminds us of the greatest story of all.  It is the story of unfailing love, precious grace and redemption.  I should be rejoicing, right?  Can I just put it all out here?  I am tired!  My mind is tired.  My heart is tired.  My body is tired.  Have any of you been there?  Maybe you are there right now.  Your mind may be tired because you wake up every morning wondering how you are going to pay your next bill.  You may be worried about how you are going to get your kids everywhere they need to be because you are doing it alone.  Your mind is racing because you need direction in life and you just can't seem to get a clear answer.  You are afraid to make the wrong decision.  Your mind is flooded with the people you love who look to you for answers and you have nothing uplifting to say because you are down yourself.  Your heart is exhausted because it has been hurt over and over again.  You opened your heart to people who have hurt you.  So you want to just put your heart in a box and not open it up again for anyone.  Your heart aches over the loss of a loved one or the loss of a close relationship.  Your heart cries as you watch those dear to you suffer with sicknesses or addictions.  You feel helpless.  Your body is tired because you work your tail off trying to get ahead.  Or your body can't keep up with all that you want to accomplish.  Your body is weak because you have pushed it to its limit when you don't take time to rest.  Your body has been abused and has deeper scars that no one has seen.  Your body is in pain because you are fighting diabetes, cancer, arthritis or any other sickness.

My story may not be your exact story, but I can relate.  I will tell you that most days I am up on a cloud.  I look at life with a smile.  I approach most days ready to make a positive difference.  But then there are those days when I just want to put my head in my hands and cry.  In saying that,  I am always aware that there are worse situations.  There are people with bigger problems.  But I am glad that God cares about what is important to me down to the smallest detail.  For the last week I have been listening to the same few songs over and over again.  One of the songs is called "All I need to do is Worship" by Rita Springer.  I have had every emotion flood through my mind, heart and body.  So I decided to stop my whining and just worship.  It has been a wonderful week with just me and the One who holds my every moment.  There is a line in the song that says "when there is no way out, except through a miracle.  There's no way up a mountain except to climb it.  And every thing you hoped for seems gone. And every dream you've dreamed seems so far away, just lift your voice and say...All I need to do is worship."   There will be times when you feel like there is no solution to your problem and there is no hope for your restless soul.  It is in those times when all I can do is throw my hands up and surrender all of those emotions to God.  I can only worship.  And in the midst of it all, I know He holds me.  There is a comfort that comes when I don't ask him for anything but I just worship him.

So as Easter approaches I am reminded of a man who died on a cross so that I could be saved and have a promise of a future.  He is called King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  He did it all because He loves me.  I am reminded that He is savior.  He is healer.  He is the Prince of Peace.  He is my shield and my fortress.  You may not believe what I believe but I can tell you that my life does not work without Him in it.  He gives me rest when I am tired.  He gives me peace of mind when the stresses of the world are holding my thoughts captive.  He comforts my heart when it is broken.  He gives me rest when I am tired.  He gives me mercy when I have acted a fool.  He gives me grace when I have gotten myself into a screwed up mess.  When I focus on him and give him all of my worship, I find myself being able to take steps forward even when I want to retreat back.  I am able to smile in the midst of all that is coming at me.  I am able to control my tongue when I want to lash out.  I am able to find joy in the in the little things.  I am able to be encouraged by random people who just thought of me out of the blue.  I am able to see with eyes of compassion.  I have a heart for the hurting and eye to see beauty that is within.

I don't write any of this to force my beliefs on any of you.  I just know that I am not perfect.  And I know that the only way that I can handle the stresses and worries and attacks of this thing called life is by giving my life to the Lord.  If you can ever truly grasp what His love is all about, you would be brought to your knees.  As you decorate your eggs, and buy your perfect Sunday outfits remember that you are a part of the greatest love story of all.  If you don't feel so "eastery," that's OK too.  Don't give up hope.  The sun will rise and the flowers will bloom.  The grass will turn green and you will see that the days get bright.  We all walk our own path and tell our own stories but I know I have experienced some of the same things you have.  You are not alone.  I am praying for you and I am confident that the One who loves you more than anything is hearing my prayers.  Yes I am tired, but I am able to stand because there is a lover of my soul who holds me up when I need it most.

You are loved,

Hope

Click on link below.  Rita Springer "All I Need to do Is Worship"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC65kgRs54&feature=share&list=RDQRC65kgRs54

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Struggle Bus

 It has taken me a while to process my thoughts on my health journey over the past year.  I've come to the conclusion that the struggle ...