Saturday, September 8, 2012

I love me some mommas!

To all the moms out there...
Would you say that being a mom is one of the most difficult and yet most rewarding things in life?  Whether you actually have children or just have the great opportunity to be a motherly influence to special ones around you, motherhood can have its challenges. 
First let me say that I had a wonderful example of a mother and though she wasn't perfect she was pretty darn close.  I knew I wanted to be a mom but I can honestly say that I knew more than two was out of the question.  I don't have the patience or energy for more than two.  Plus for health reasons, the doctor cautioned me from having any more.  And when I ended up with two boys I didn't want to take the chance of having a third boy.  I love my boys but let me say if I added one more ounce of testosterone to my house, I would have to admit myself to a mental hospital.
Motherhood is the area in which I always question my strengths and usually look more at my weaknesses of being a mother.  I try to be forgiving of most moms out there because I know that none of us are perfect.  And although we don't always mean to, sometimes we are quick to put down other moms who are not like ourselves.  I can say I have been guilty of that as well.
I always find myself questioning my ways, thoughts and actions.  I remember having my precious first boy but wanting to send him back to the hospital after the first night. All the other moms talked about how awesome it was to have a baby and my child screamed all night long and left Bryan and I both in tears from frustration and lack of sleep.  This went on for at least 6 weeks! I felt guilty and like a failure.
I was the mom who said I would never allow my child to act up in public and then found myself dragging a two year old out of the mall because he threw himself on the floor during a temper tantrum.  I was the mom who said I would never put up with a child disrespecting me and then had her three year old spit in my face.  I also said I would never hit my child out of anger and, well let's say, he didn't ever spit like that again.  I am the mom who said I would never forget about my children and locked my 12 month old in a car with the heater running full blast.  I am the mom who said I would NEVER tell my children to shut up and caught myself saying it twice and asking for forgiveness.  I am the mom who said "WHAT" after my son said "mommy" for the 10th time and he just wanted to say that he loved me.  I am the mom who said my children will eat whatever I cook and then found myself cooking three separate meals to satisfy their individual food requests. 
As you can see, I have done a lot of things that I said I would never do. But here is what I can tell you about me being a mom.  I am almost always at every game, school party or important event that I can be at.  Like I have said before, I am not the best cook, but Christian thinks I am.  They think I make the best cupcakes (out of the box) in the world!  I love my kiddos with all my heart.  I pray over them every night and every morning.  I lay hands on them when they are scared or sick.  I go after the enemy with prayers of authority any time he tries to attack one of my boys. I talk to my boys about the importance of opening doors for people, giving to those in need and praying for the sick.  I talk to them about being humble and how their character and love for God is more important than anything else they do in life.
With all of that being said, I hope you all know that I admire you moms out there that are on the same journey as I am.  We will never be perfect but we were chosen for our kids.  If I had time I could tell you the things I look up to in each of you but that could go on forever.  All I know is that we have to support one another.  We have to build each other up and be there for one another when times get rough.
May God continue to guide each one of you and give you the wisdom and strength you need to keep doing the amazing job you are already doing. 
Bless all of you cookie-making, ribbon-curling, bow-making, baseball-throwing, football-catching, rifle shooting, bookreading, line-dancing, loving moms!-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Struggle Bus

 It has taken me a while to process my thoughts on my health journey over the past year.  I've come to the conclusion that the struggle ...