Saturday, September 15, 2012

Who inspires you?

I got up this morning to drink coffee with Bryan before his 10K.  We have been getting up together to have coffee for 13 years now no matter what time the other has to be up.  So after he left I decided to go ahead and get my run in for the day.  It is a beautiful morning outside and the nice cool breeze made running so much more enjoyable.
I ran the neighborhood and when I got to the hill, I couldn't help getting a burst of energy to keep going knowing that Bryan was about to run over a bridge and my little up-hill climb would pale in comparison.  Bryan inspires me!  He is going to kill me for even writing this but this is my blog and I can do it.  He can choose not to read it.
We met at work and I remember thinking that he would never look at me.  Well without going into a long story, here we are now with two kids later.  He is my best friend.  He is not perfect but that is what I love most about him.  Sure he speaks before he thinks.  Sure he gets overly competitive at times.  Sure he is one of the biggest procrastinators I know.  But his heart makes up for all of those things.  He makes me want to be a better person, a better wife and a better mother. 
Bryan and I are about as opposite as they come but we fit together just fine.  He is a realist and I am an optimist.  I am the one who puts God in every situation and he is the one who says sometimes you just have to use the brain that God gave you.  If I ran out of gas I may say "Well that was God's way of me avoiding a bad situation down the road." Bryan would say "No, you just forgot to put gas in your car."  But he has some of the most Godly wisdom I have ever heard.
He would say I am the compassionate one of the family but I have seen him stop at every wreck to help.  He is the one who lays with the kids when they are sick at night.  He won't ever take the last roll or piece of cake because he wants us to have it.  He tucks us all in at night. 
The quality of love most about him is that he is humble.  Yes, he jokes about being the biggest and strongest man but isn't every daddy supposed to make his kids believe that.  But truth be told, he is a behind-the-scenes kind of guy.  He does not like the spotlight.  Don't even hand him a microphone.  He doesn't desire position but has done well in any one he has served in.  You will rarely catch him not smiling.
He is laid back and always reassures me that everything is going to be just fine.  Without him, our family just doesn't work.  I thank God for him all the time but I probably don't tell him enough just how much he amazes me.
I am inspired by many people.  I am in awe of the men and women fighting for our freedom every day, and of the people who wake up every morning to fight their disease, and of those out there on the mission field.  But I forget about the every day people in my life who touch my heart on a regular basis.  So I ask you, "Who inspires you?"  And have you told them lately?
Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Struggle Bus

 It has taken me a while to process my thoughts on my health journey over the past year.  I've come to the conclusion that the struggle ...